Junior Software Tester
Nimble. The Software Company, LLC is a small company with big ideas and even bigger aspirations. We are passionate about software engineering and all of the ways that software can be used to improve quality of life and work. Nimble, a professional software engineering services company, is looking for a Junior Level Software Tester to grow with us. As a Junior Software Tester, you will learn the role of technical testing in order to assure the quality of systems and applications throughout the engineering lifecycle. You will be trained on the tools a software tester needs to ensure that the developed system meets quality and performance requirements. You will also develop cross-functional skills relevant to all aspects of the software engineering lifecycle (from idea to deployment).
- Work side-by-side with our development team in an agile/scrum environment.
- Participate in the definition, development and implementation of software/systems testing standards and procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative solutions for more efficient testing strategies.
- Review requirements, stories, and designs regularly to gain an understanding understand of all facets of application development activities for the purpose of providing the most efficient testing solutions.
- Identify risk, issues, potential defects, or defects in any phase of the development life cycle, managing them through closure.
- Write and execute well-designed test cases.
- Support other software engineers in the successful implementation, deployment, integration and maintenance of our solutions.
- Manage your work through the use of the defined software environment toolchain.
- Assist with the development of automated testing.
- Accurately and clearly document system defects.
- Assist in the development of custom test tools, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned (and as candidate grows).
The Ideal Candidate:
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of programming languages and tools.
- Candidate should have experience in software test and evaluation (unit testing, functional, regression, exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests) of mobile, web, cloud, and desktop applications.
- Candidate should be familiar with software configuration management and bug-tracking tools.
- Candidate should be familiar with the Agile/Scum methodology.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to support others, share accountability, and be able to adapt to change.
- Knowledge/experience with C++, C#, Python, and other programming languages.
The Must Haves:
- Candidate must be enrolled and working towards an associates or undergraduate degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Candidate must demonstrate basic competency in software engineering.
- Candidate must possess strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills along with an interest in continuous improvement.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must possess an aptitude for the technical skills required for software test and evaluation.
- Candidate must be curious about technology, have a desire to create high quality software solutions and committed to using adopting best practices.
- Candidate must be able to work with a small, highly competent team.
- Candidate must be able to work under deadlines.
- Candidate must demonstrate a pattern of ethical decisions and a commitment to integrity at the individual level that conform to Nimble’s Code of Ethics.
- Candidate must be a resident of the Huntsville, AL area.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Candidate must pass be able to pass Substance Abuse Testing.
- Candidate must be able to pass a standard background check.
- Gain experience that will enhance your college curriculum (and make your resume shine).
- Flexible work schedule.
Work Week: Monday – Friday
Business Hours: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 10 – 25 Hours
Telecommuting Options: None
Work Location: Huntsville, AL
Additional Work Locations: None
Nimble is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class. Nimble is a Drug Free Workplace.