Junior Administrative Assistant
Nimble. The Software Company, LLC is a small company with big ideas and even bigger aspirations. We are passionate about software engineering and all of the ways that software can be used to improve quality of life and work. Nimble, a professional software engineering services company, is looking for a Junior Level Administrative Assistant to grow with us. As a Junior Administrative Assistant, you will assist the Nimble staff in meeting our daily goals by taking on research tasks, assisting in developing policies and procedures in vital areas such as Operations, Management, Accounting, and Human Resources, and by helping us to maintain our highest standard of professionalism. You will develop cross-functional skills relevant to all aspects of business and office operations (with a sprinkle of technical topics from time-to-time).
- Participate in the definition, development and implementation of business operations policies and procedures.
- Fulfill research requests in support of business and project requirements with minimal direction and present findings according to a deadline.
- Assist in the preparation and editing of correspondences, reports, and presentations in support of business and project development, goals and requirements.
- Maintain company calendars.
- Prepare itineraries and make travel arrangements.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining office records.
- Attend networking and training events on behalf of the company.
- Track to-do items to completion.
- Represent the CEO and the company with a high-degree of professionalism.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Candidate should be enrolled and working towards a degree in Business Management, Office Administration, Human Resources, or equivalent technical degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher or have experience in any of the listed fields.
- Candidate should be familiar with the FAR.
- Candidate should have experience with policy and procedure development.
- Candidate should have experience with process improvement methodologies and/or quality management systems.
The Must Haves:
- Candidate must be tech-savvy (or have an aptitude and desire to become tech-savvy).
- Candidate must have excellent customer service skills.
- Candidate must be able to follow through on tasks.
- Candidate must be highly professional, have good judgment, an eye for detail and be willing to take initiative.
- Candidate must have outstanding time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Candidate must have the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of people.
- Candidate must have a strong sense of respect, teamwork, dignity, and integrity.
- Candidate must have skills in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Candidate must be able to work under deadlines.
- Candidate must demonstrate a pattern of ethical decisions and a commitment to integrity at the individual level that conform to Nimbles’ Code of Ethics.
- Candidate must be a resident of the Huntsville, AL area.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Candidate must be able to pass Substance Abuse Testing.
- Candidate must be able to pass a standard background check.
- Gain experience that will enhance your college curriculum (and make your resume shine).
- Great opportunity for all ages.
- Flexible work schedule.
Work Week: Monday – Friday
Business Hours: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 10 – 25 Hours
Telecommuting Options: None
Work Location: Huntsville, AL
Additional Work Locations: None
Nimble is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class. Nimble is a Drug Free Workplace.